The Foundation is pleased to announce the awarding of $34,650 in grants as a result of our spring 2014 grants process. The grants review team evaluated 15 applications for requests totaling over $74,500. Their diligence led to the identification of seven organizations to receive grant awards this grant cycle.
While we will be highlighting each organization via individual blog posts throughout the year, here is a brief summary of the spring 2014 grants to whet your appetite:
- Anchal Project has been awarded $5,000 to fund 12 monthly educational workshops and a 7-day intense training workshop for 100 women in India.
- GirlForward, a 2013 grant recipient, will receive $5,000 to once again support Camp GirlForward, which provides summer enrichment to 20 refugee girls in Chicago, Ill.
- Girls For A Change was awarded $5,000 to support expansion of their Girls Action Team program, which empowers girls for social change in Richmond, Va.
- Heshima Kenya will receive $5,000 to support the Girls’ Empowerment Project, which provides access to education and livelihood support for 80 girls and women in Kenya.
- Lift Up Africa has been granted $5,000 to support the education of ten Kenyan girls living at the HELGA rescue center for one year.
- Many Hopes will receive $4,650 to support the salary of an academic tutor for over 40 girls living at Many Hopes homes in Kenya.
- Transitions Global has been awarded $5,000 to support Shine Career School, which provides Cambodian girls vocational and life skills training and enrichment classes.
The generosity of individual, organization and campus donors has made it possible for Circle of Sisterhood to advance our mission of removing barriers to education for girls and women through these grants. We are ever grateful to our donors for their continued support and confidence. Together we are changing the world – thank you!