Resolve to Make a Difference
January comes each year and millions around the world resolve to eat less, clean more, work more efficiently, quit smoking, etc. But, what if we could help you resolve to make a true difference in the world?
Founder of the Circle of Sisterhood Foundation, Ginny Carroll, has a few recommended resolutions that you can put on your list. They are totally manageable and can make a difference to empower women & girls around the world. Are you up for the challenge?
- At the end of each day, put any loose change in a jar. At mid-year and year’s end, make a donation to the Circle of Sisterhood. Challenge a friend to do the same.
- Resolve to view things differently. Look at things through a different lens: the news, a magazine article, a blog post or a discussion with a friend. Issues affecting women worldwide are displayed everywhere. Pay attention to them.
- Watch the PBS documentary on Half the Sky, scheduled to be released in 2012. Better yet, invite over friends and reflect on the movie. Discuss what you can do, then do it.
- Commit to a monthly donation. Arrange it through a Network for Good on a credit card or through your personal bank’s automatic payment system. A monthly donation of $10 or $25 is often easier than a large donation at the end of the year.
- Ask everyone in your family to give you $20 which equates to a school uniform, or school lunch for a year, or one year’s tuition for a girl in the developing world.
- Set up a Crowdrise account and ask everyone you have an e-mail address for to give $10.
Happy New Year from the Circle of Sisterhood Foundation to you!